TheGamingSetup is a review site dedicated solely to gaming products. Our goal is to help you find the absolute best setup for you. We do that by giving straightforward reviews and buying recommendations.
What makes you different other gaming recommendation sites?
To be frank, the other ones kinda suck, they’re making random recommendations and a large majority of them likely don’t test the mice themselves before making a recommendation.
We buy our own products (usually from Amazon), test them rigorously at our Toronto location and then recommend which product is the best to buy. Afterwards we will either giveaway or re-sell the products we’ve reviewed.
In short, we’re actually investing a lot of time and money to make sure we get these recommendations right.
Why should we trust you?
My name is Raymond, I’m the founder of thegamingsetup.com.
I have a few thousand hours of Dota, Starcraft 1 & 2, Street Fighter, Overwatch, PUBG, Apex Legends and Call of Duty under my belt with the intention of adding several more thousand going forward.
I believe I have an intimate knowledge of what makes for a good gaming product and what makes for a not so good product.
Combine the experience with hundreds of hours of real testing, I’m confident we’ll make picks that you’ll love. And that’s important because we make a bit of cash for every product you buy through our links, but we only keep that money if you love what you got. Read more about the links here.
Our current gaming setup
This is the gaming setup where the majority of our gaming products are put through the ringer. We’ve spent some time putting together what we think is a pretty ideal and ergonomic gaming setup so that we can really focus on the product being tested.
- Monitor: Alienware AW3418DW
- Monitor arm: AmazonBasics Premium Single Monitor Stand
- Headphones: beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro
- DAC/AMP: Schiit Fulla 2
- Speakers: Audio Engine A2+ White
- Microphone: Blue Yeti USB Microphone
- Microphone arm: NEEWER Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm
- Daily driver keyboard: DZ60 PCB w/ Tealios in a GH60 aluminum case from KBDfans
- Daily driver mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless
- Mousepads: Glorious PC Gaming Extended Mousepad, Zowie GS-R, Coolermaster Swift-RX
- Desk surface: Karlby countertop from Ikea
- Desk legs: Anthrodesk Sit to Stand Electric desk
- Giant keycap: Big Switch Series from Novelkeys
- Desk lamp: MACASA Led Desk Lamp with Qi Wireless Charger
- Notepads: Rhodia Notebooks
- Pens: Parker Jotter, Pigma Micron
- Chair: Herman Miller Aeron
- Footrest: Amazonbasics Foot Rest
Our gaming rig is set up to make sure we’re not dropping frames and our reviews aren’t affected by poor performance on the computing side:
- Case: NZXT H500 White
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
- CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 280mm
- GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti 11GB
- Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E
- PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
- RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB
- LED Lighting: Phanteks RGB LED Strip
- PSU cables: Phanteks PCI-E Extension Cable Kit
Why haven’t you reviewed this product yet?
Our review process takes a lot more time than you normally see for gaming products, we can’t get to everything in a short manner. We also don’t consider niche or not widely available products, the products we review must be accessible to a wide demographic.
If you really think we should review something specific, please suggest a product to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what how you think how we’re doing as well and what we can be doing better.