Founded in 2018, TheGamingSetup is a review site dedicated solely to gaming products. Our goal is to help you find the absolute best setup for you. We do that by giving straightforward reviews and buying recommendations.
The only thing that matters is good recommendations.
A lot of the review sites kinda suck, they’re making random recommendations and a lot of them don’t play test the gear themselves before making a recommendation.
We buy our own products (usually from Amazon), play test them then recommend which product is the best to buy.
In short, we’re actually investing a lot of time and money to make sure we get these recommendations right.
And that’s important because we make a bit of cash for every product you buy through our links, but we only keep that money if you love what you got. Read more about the links here.
Who are you? Why should we trust you?
My name is Raymond, I’m the founder of thegamingsetup.com and I do all of the publishing on this site.
I have a few thousand hours of Dota 2, Starcraft 1 & 2, Street Fighter, Overwatch, PUBG, Apex Legends and Call of Duty under my belt with the intention of adding several more thousand going forward.
I have the knowledge of what makes for a good gaming product, and have diverse gaming tastes to make recommendations for a lot of types of gamers.
Combine that experience with hundreds of hours of real testing. I now have personally done over 200 reviews across mice, keyboards, controllers and more. I’m confident we’ll make picks that you’ll love.
Ray’s current gaming setup
This is the gaming setup where the majority of our gaming products are put through the ringer. We’ve spent some time putting together what we think is a pretty ideal and ergonomic gaming setup so that we can really focus on the product being tested.
- Monitor: Alienware AW3418DW
- Monitor arm: AmazonBasics Premium Single Monitor Stand
- Headphones: beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro
- DAC/AMP: Schiit Fulla 2
- Speakers: Audio Engine A2+ White
- Microphone: Blue Yeti USB Microphone
- Microphone arm: NEEWER Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm
- Daily driver keyboard: DZ60 PCB w/ Tealios in a GH60 aluminum case from KBDfans
- Daily driver mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless
- Mousepads: Glorious PC Gaming Extended Mousepad, Zowie GS-R, Coolermaster Swift-RX
- Desk surface: Karlby countertop from Ikea
- Desk legs: Anthrodesk Sit to Stand Electric desk
- Giant keycap: Big Switch Series from Novelkeys
- Desk lamp: MACASA Led Desk Lamp with Qi Wireless Charger
- Notepads: Rhodia Notebooks
- Pens: Parker Jotter, Pigma Micron
- Chair: Herman Miller Aeron
- Footrest: Amazonbasics Foot Rest
Our gaming rig is set up to make sure we’re not dropping frames and our reviews aren’t affected by poor performance on the computing side:
- Case: NZXT H500 White
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
- CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 280mm
- GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti 11GB
- Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E
- PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
- RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB
- LED Lighting: Phanteks RGB LED Strip
- PSU cables: Phanteks PCI-E Extension Cable Kit
Why haven’t you reviewed this product yet?
Our review process takes a good amount of time and we can’t get to everything in a short manner. The more you support this blog, the more time I’m able to commit to reviewing. So consider sharing our reviews and subscribing to our youtube channel, more there soon!
We also don’t consider niche or not widely available products, the products we review must be accessible to a wide demographic.
If you really think we should review something specific, please suggest a product to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what how you think how we’re doing as well and what we can be doing better.